Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Too cool for school.

Apparently, now that Colin's a big 2nd grader, he's too cool to have his mom take his picture on the first day of school. He was annoyed at me during the entire picture taking extravaganza. Hate to break the news...he has years and years and years left of this ritual. Monday started the new school year. Colin was excited to be back with his friends. I believe each day he was finding me a bit more boring and Chloe a bit more aggitating. So, we have our nice long afternoon naps back and routine. I love, love, love routine. I crave it.


After returning home and being drilled about the first day and his new teacher, he responded with only the most important facts: 1. His teacher is louder this year than his teacher last year. 2. She gives out FREE candy. (As opposed to the candy he has been paying for all of his life.) and 3. Recess is still the best part of the day. The end. He had nothing more to say.

In the morning, Chloe was waiting for the bus with Colin...and discovered shadows!! She was so funny. She just kept pointing and saying "dis" (this). But, my response of "mommy's shadow" was severly inadequate prompting a "naaaohhhh!!!" (no)and urgent, shrilly "dis!" We went rounds about that one for a while until I finally gave up...one day I will learn that fighting with this child is pointless. She has it all figured out.

No comments: