Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Checkup for Colin. Other updates.

Today would have been a surgery day, but instead we went to the Pediatrician for a checkup. His unaffected ear is looking great. A very thin membrane has formed over the hole in his eardrum and the doctor is confident that it will get thicker over the next month. He also found his tube in there. Colin thought it was pretty cool...and small. :) We have to continue using plugs for a while to make sure that he does not get any water in there. It is still as risk to re-rupture. So excited! He might get to swim this summer without the worry of earplugs!!!!

Work is going great for me. I'm starting to get a routine down, which is nice, and I'm feeling less nervous about it. So far I'm edging on $500 for my total earnings in less than 3 weeks! Yippee! More than I expected getting started. Supposedly, you continue to increase your income for the first few months, so I'm even more excited about the months to come. So far, the hourly rate I'm earning is continuing to increase while the amount of time it takes to finish my work is decreasing.

It's only Tuesday, and we've had quite the week. Jeremy started to pull out the cabinets in our laundry room yesterday afternoon, in order to remove the now moldy drywall from behind them...the cabinets had been built around the pipes. Ugh! And in the process of getting them out, one of the pipes sprang a mini leak. And, of course, in the process of trying to fix the mini leak, it turned into a major leak...the water to the house had to be shut off, and in the end, we called a plumber. Then, today, I didn't realize that the drainage pipe for the washer and dryer had to be cut as well and hadn't been capped yet, and I started a load of laundry. And left to take Colin to the doctor. So, when Jeremy returned home...we had a basement full of water. So, he spent this afternoon sucking water out of the carpet and capping the drainage pipe, so that I don't create any more messes. :) And, it's only Tuesday.

Sometimes I really wonder about the odds of the things that happen around here on a daily basis.

No comments: