Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A memory of shoes.

I finally sent out Christmas cards today! I still have a few addresses left to finalize, but the majority went out today. I think this is the first year in about 3 years that I actually got them out. One year I filled them all out and stuffed them, but never finished the addressing. Another I bought them, but never actually did anything with them...think that was last year (post-op and baby). One year I did everything...and found them in my car in January...I never bought stamps and mailed them. Ha! I always have to laugh...it drives Jeremy crazy. Oh, the amount of money wasted in beautiful unused Christmas cards. :) If I ever find the ones from last year, I'll use them.

Life does that to you I suppose...makes me think of the one day, when I was still working...I think Colin was just past one year old. At the time, I was working full time and going to school as well...and probably doing a million other things. I have a hard time saying no, although Jeremy is coaching me on this. It was a crazy morning, as usual...as I was walking across the parking lot to head to lunch, I realized my shoes were making different sounds...I looked down...2 totally different shoes. Both black, but totally different. It was like 1 in the afternoon and I never realized it. So funny. I had to head to the dentist that day and just laughed...there I was feet up in the air...2 totally different shoes. Life does that to you some days. I feel that way a lot lately. Thankfully, I don't leave the house that often, so I don't have to worry about shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you. I will give you a call after Christmas day and see how you are doing. We are all sick here.. hopefully we will all be well before SANTA comes!!
Take care and kisses to Colin and Miss Chloe. Tell Colin we are thinking of him.
Love ya bunches!!
Jamie