Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Chloe is walking.

For those of you concerned that she might never get the hang of it! :) She took off today across the living room. No more than probably 10 steps at any one time, but she is thrilled to be doing it. And, rather than us having to stand her up each time and coax her into doing it, she actually was pulling up on the furniture and turning herself around and walking to us. So cute. I teared up. These moments are so amazing. I mean, inevitably, I knew she was going to walk at some point. She's healthy, active, and was getting closer to doing it everyday, and yet, it still brought me to tears.

Colin enjoyed a super long weekend, thanks in part to in-service days and to the weather today for dipping below 0. He was thrilled. We took my mom to the docs for a check up. She is doing well. She had a much needed breast reduction 6 weeks ago. She is so going to kill me for making this public, but I figure, she finally told my grandmother, who by the way "didn't know such a thing was possible!" So, I figure, if Grandma knows, we might as well spread the word. She has really terrible arthritis in her back and was very, very large chested (sorry mom! the truth hurts!) Her doctors had been encouraging her for years to have this done, and she finally did. But, a procedure that was supposed to allow her to return to work in less than 2 weeks, has turned into a 6 week recovery. She is doing much better, and her doc is pleased. Apparently, she is just a slow healer.

Jeremy hasn't been feeling well for quite some time now. I guess about 3 weeks. They have checked everything...his heart, blood work, etc. And it has all checked out fine. They started him on medication today. Praying it helps. I want my husband back to normal. I am really worried about him, which doesn't ever happen. He's the one who takes care of all of us. So, hopefully this works, and things clear up for him.

No comments: