Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mom of the Year!

Yep! Once again the award goes to: Me.

I took Chloe out to get Colin off the bus on Tuesday. Usually she rides in her stroller, but I figured she has already gotten so great at walking and the warm weather had cleared the sidewalks of snow...so I put on her shoes and off we went. She was walking great. As we stood at the bus stop, she let go of my hand and was standing, looking around, checking out the neighbor's twin boys. I started chatting with the other moms. Next thing you know, down goes Chloe. Unfortunately, she is still pretty top heavy and her face broke her fall. She had mud all over her cheek, up her nose, on her jacket. And scratches from her nose to her eye on the right side, as well as a cut, blood and all, on the right side of her nose.

Yep, mom of the year, that's me. :) As the night went on, her cheek swelled up and the scratches got redder. I'd post a pic, but my camera is MIA. Thankfully, baby skin heals well and the scratches are already pretty much gone. She just has a big old scab on her little nose. From the mouth of Nana "oh, poor baby girl!"

No comments: