Thursday, February 15, 2007

Too dangerous.

"In short, I think atresia surgery on Colin would be too dangerous especially with regard to his facial nerve," wrote the best of the best. Pretty close to the exact wording our doctor used as well. And, obviously, I wouldn't dare to put my boy in danger, so why am I still having such a difficult time accepting that it just isn't possible to provide him with natural hearing on his left side?

I knew that it was a long shot. I really trust our current doc. I guess I was just hoping that the "best-of-the-best" would see something more. sigh. It's not even the end of the world. He has great hearing on his right side. So, it isn't possible. It really and truly isn't.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. I am having a hard time with this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm listening Chris! I haven't talked to you in a while. Camryn was in the hospital when you call a couple weeks ago about my CM order. Sorry I haven't called, it's been nuts. Cam had RSV and pnemonia. Wasn't pretty! I'm here for you!! Keep posting the blog.... Call me! Jamie

momofcolin_chloe said...

Thanks, Jam! I'm so sorry to hear about Camryn!! Poor baby! I'll call asap!