Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Back on track.

This week ends our spell of appointment-free weeks. With all of the free time over the past few weeks, ha, I've been focusing on being more goal-oriented about finishing my coursework. For those of you unaware, I am once again in school! (surprise, surprise) This time, I am taking online courses to become a medical transcriptionist, something that, aside from Colin's issues, I know nothing about. But, it is a job that I can do at home to provide a little extra income. Thus, the lack of blogging! Something had to go! But, I'm back. I'll try to be more dedicated to updating. Honest. And, thanks to those diligent friends of ours who let us know you really are reading it...feel free to post here as well!

Colin received his second report card of the year and all is well, especially after realizing he missed 12 of the 55 days this quarter. I think he's trudging right along at a great pace. He had his first visit to the principal's office last week. He has been pushing the limits both at home and at school lately, which is fine. A phase, I'm sure. His crime: crawling under his desk after being repeatedly asked to stop. The funniest thing is, his teacher told him to take a walk to the principal's office and when he got there, to decide if he was ready to go back to class and follow her rules...if not, he need to talk to the "man." Colin chose to talk to the head honcho. (I personally think he was being nosey and wanted to see how the big man spent his day.)

He still will only wear the BAHA sporadically, which is fine. I still have my heart set on this super-dooper, one of a kind doc to open his canal soon anyway. :) If not, then we will push it a little harder. To that note...I am having all of his CTs and MRIs sent this week to said doc, along with profile pics of our boy and audiograms...time will tell. This amazing man has agreed to take a look at all of his information, FREE OF CHARGE, so that we don't have to make a special trip for a visit until we know if he truly is a candidate. Blessings, little blessings!

Next week we head back to orthopedics with the new ortho. doc to re-x-ray and see if his curvature has changed, thus determining if he'll return to wearing his brace 24-7. Please pray that things remain unchanged and that I find guidance to make a good decision about what to do next if they don't. I really don't think that the brace has made a difference for him in the past, and the research I have done tells me that this is typical, and I'm finding it hard to follow the advice of our ortho. docs...I honestly don't hold the most confidence in any of them. We lost our primary doc to retirement a year or so ago, and nothing has felt right since. His treatment has changed entirely, along with their speculations on where it will go over time.

Chloe took her first unaided steps yesterday! Colin was ecstatic! He wanted to "practice" again with her tonight. So funny and cute. She has also taken to sitting in his lap at any given opportunity. He loves it. She loves it. I love it. It usually ends with her applying a good smack to his head before toddling off to find something else to occupy her time, but it is so darn cute, if at least for the moment.

And, for those of you unable to view the video below: Chloe has said "Dad" forever. It is the only word she says consistently. But,now, when prompted to say "Mom," she replies with a determined "uh, uh!" She knows what I want to hear; she's just not ready to satisfy my Mommy craving in that way yet. Such a little diva!

No comments: