Thursday, October 12, 2006

Calling All Tooth Fairies

Colin lost his first tooth! We've been wiggling for around 4 months now.



He was crying, honestly crying, because it hurt. He's been wiggling a lot more over the past couple of days. Cousing Tanner just lost a molar and I think that was major motivation. I asked if I could wiggle it and when I did, it turned sideways, which of course sent him into a tantrum. (No drama here folks! Whose kid is he anyway?) So, I basically had to chase him down and sit on him to pull it out. And then of course we had the drama of the blood. Oh, that first tooth...I tried to get him to admit that it really didn't hurt. He is holding firm, claiming "you know mom, I don't ever cry unless it really hurts!" If only that were true in all situations!

So, rumor has it the Tooth Fairy gives $5 these days for that first prized tooth!!! We shall see. Na-Na and Pa-Pa were called to come and verify that the tooth had indeed been lost. Check! (and to supply the Fairy with $5 so she didn't have to venture into the cold!) The temperature has been steadily dropping today and there were reports of flurries.



So, the kids and I went out and cut the last of this year's zinnia's so we could enjoy them inside while winter takes it's toll on the plants from which they came.



Otherwise a pretty quiet day. Chloe and I cleaned (or I cleaned and Chloe protested the use of that frightening vaccuum) and had lunch with Aunt Sherri...who by the way, is without a doubt pregnant. She is getting rounder by the day. Two babies in one year. Crazy. They'll learn the sex by the end of the month...I'm guessing a boy. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Colin lost his first tooth!!!!" exclaimed Aiden. I didn't even have to point it out it was very apparent to him. How exciting!