Friday, October 20, 2006

Series of Updates

The doctor prescribed an antibiotic for Colin to clear up a sinus infection and in preparation for possible pneamonia. If he is not remarkably better by Monday, we'll head back for a recheck and possible chest x-ray to check for fluid in his lungs. Other than the cough, he is feeling fine. Still a little mean from the steroids, but once again, it makes me laugh...mostly because he's not a mean child by nature, so I find it humurous. (and a little exhausting.) :)

Chloe was prescribed lotion for yet another staph infection. She is napping now. Tried to get Colin to do the same, but the steroids would have none of it. Mommy took a mini-snooze while he watched a show...I needed it. Feeling better now.

Also got a call today from neurosurgery and audiology at Children's. He'll head down on November 1 for a full-skeletal MRI. We had this done 3 years ago as well. They'll be checking his spinal cord and pretty much the rest of the bones in his body to be sure that his growth is not compromising any of his other systems. I think I'm nervous more now about this than I was then. I guess because we've had enough things "pop" up recently. Plus, he'll be sedated. This time under general anesthesia. The process takes 2 to 3 hours and he has to lay completely still.

We'll head back down on November 7 to audiology. They have his new BAHA hearing aid. They'll be helping us understand how it works and attempting to help him begin to get used to it. I e-mailed his school advocate (can't remember her real title right now) so that she'll be prepared to assist him in anyway possible as he returns to school with it. Nervous as can be about that. Sometimes the social parts of this whole thing are harder than the medical end.

We're heading to my sister's for dinner tonight and to celebrate Tanner's (my nephew) birthday nearly a month late! So sorry Tanner! Things have been crazy and your celebration suffered! We love you!!! I'm excited to visit.

No comments: