Sunday, November 05, 2006

Chloe has the flu.

Did I mention that? Anyway, her overly paranoid Mom took her to the ER because she was really, really tired. I mean slept from like 7:00 pm last night until 11:40 am today. She doesn't want to play, or smile, or babble. She is really, really tired. So, I thought something major was wrong. But she just has the flu. :) I guess it does that to you, duh! But, now I know...I guess that's one less thing to lose sleep over.

She had only had a total of 11 ounces of Pedialyte today...until we got home. I figured she hadn't thrown up in the past 2 days, so I fixed her a full bottle of formula. She sucked it down and was crying for more, so I gave her a little bit of banana baby food. (I think that's what your supposed to do for the potty problems. Brat diet. Right?) She ate those too. And she is back to sleep. So far she has kept it all down and in. Maybe she was just tired of the Pedialyte and needed real food for energy. I feel a little crazy right now and apparently it is affecting my normal "Mommy" mind. :)

Lots of thanks! Thanks to Mark for taking Colin to lunch yesterday. He had a blast and the break was nice. Thanks to my Mom for dinner yesterday. So good! And thanks to her, Jim, and Seth for visiting even when our house has germs! Thanks to Aunt Alicia and Jason for playing with Colin while we headed to the ER and for taking him to Mark's birthday party. Happy Birthday, Mark!!! Thanks also to Debbi for dinner tonight! So delicious. So nice to have "real" food and to not have to worry about making it. And thanks most of all for all of the prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, crazy mommy it's brat(bananas,rice,applesauce,and toast)-so glad to hear it is just the flu(not glad she has the flu, but you know what I mean!)Hope you all get a good nights sleep(it's always easier to sleep when daddies are home!!)
Good night-Nat