Thursday, November 09, 2006

WE ARE HOME.

I had to laugh as I looked over the titles of my posts...it's the flu, still the flu, flu, flu, flu...Guess what, not at all the flu! Ha! Silly doctors! Makes me feel better about all of those "unnecessary" ER visits. I was really starting to doubt my mommy instinct, which is usually right on. But, WE ARE HOME! So, so thankful for that. He is eating. Not a lot, but he isn't throwing up. Still nauseous and occassionally dizzy, but very happy to be home...and even happier to have a bath. (that goes for both of us.) He is still making pretty frequent visits to the potty, but the cramping seems like it is slowing down. He's having a lot of trouble with drinking. He drinks a little and then feels really full, which leads to nausea, etc. And then he's afraid to drink anymore. But, he is already complaining of being very thirsty, which makes me want to scream "then drink." But I know that he is trying his best.

Chloe was doing really well over the last few days. Tonight she is happy, but has the poos again. The doctor said that they will come and go over the course of two weeks, so I am praying that it was a one time deal and that tomorrow will be as good as the past few have been for Nana.

Jeremy and I are both showing signs of being sick, but neither of us are sure if it is actually the virus or the stress of this whole situation. He obviously is feeling incredible guilt and pain at not being here through all of this, although there are good reasons for him to not miss work if I am able to manage without him. Regular bills, medical bills, not to mention the money that goes into visits and hospital stays. He is so stressed and I hate that we cannot change this situation.

Both of the kids are in bed and I am heading there very, very soon. I am so exhausted I don't even have words to describe it. But I am thanking the Lord that we are home again.

Please pray for peaceful sleep for our entire family, for Colin to drink better, for Chloe to wake up as healthy as she has been for the past few days, for both of the kids rashes to heal, for Colin to not have the dizzy, yucky feeling anymore and for my hands. I know that last one sounds simple, but from all of the hand washing and area sanitizing, my hands (which are usually bad in the winter to begin with) are cracking really badly and starting to bleed and it would make so many things easier if they would heal. Please pray mostly that this passes quickly and doesn't reoccur, which is our new worry. I guess immunity to this virus if hard for little bodies to build and siblings can continue to pass it back and forth for a really long time. Please pray that this doesn't happen here.

I have so many thanks and updates from the past few days, I could write a novel, but I have a few calls to make and need sleep badly, so I will add those tomorrow.

No comments: