Friday, November 10, 2006

Will it ever stop?

Jeremy is in fact sick. There is a possibility that he may just have the actual flu. One of the guys he is living with right now for work had the flu last week, so that is possible. He's been sick since midday yesterday. Feeling so bad. I know he wishes he were home right now, but at this point the drive is pretty much not doable. So, two days of work down. Please pray that he starts feeling better quickly. If he misses too much work, they could lay him off.

Colin is still slightly dehydrated, so we will continue to push fluids and the doctor forewarned us that a night of vomitting may be a part of this weekend. I guess that's pretty typical to have a relapse a few days after returning home. Yuk! Chloe is fine, although he is concerned that she may have developed an intolerance to lactose. I am to try to give her a bottle today (full) and see how she does. I'm really nervous about that. I guess that's typical for younger kids to have that happen if they have it really bad. Which she did, I was just able to keep her hydrated through it.

Some interesting facts about rotavirus: there is now a vaccine (but you have to start getting it before 3 months), once you have it you're contagious for a full month or more, and it can make you lactose intolerant! YUK! to all!

Please pray that Colin drinks really well and doesn't go back to vomitting. Please pray that Chloe handles the formula well. Pray that Jeremy gets better quickly and that I don't get this. And, for my hands. They hurt really badly.

No comments: