Wednesday, November 01, 2006

We are home and my babies are in bed.

Today went ok. Colin is happy to be home and to eat! He went a full 24 hours with absolutely nothing but water! Poor boy! Things went well with the MRI. The neurosurgeon will call tomorrow to review the results with me. Things got too late today. They had a hard time getting him to wake up and when he finally did, he needed oxygen for a while and then was vomiting and nauseous for a good while. They ended up having to give him anti-nausea medication, which of course made him more tired and then we kind of got stuck in an endless circle...which eventually ended. Thank goodness. He woke up asking for candy. :) Which of course he couldn't have. I let him have one Spongebob Gummy Candy before putting him to bed. That surely can't hurt. :) And, he was more than deserving of a late night snack.

He did really well. He was a little freaked out about the anesthesia this time, but we were in a completely different area of the hospital than usual and I think that was mostly what through him for a loop. Nonetheless, it took six of us and many tears from both me and him before he was sedated. I hate that. I will never, ever, ever, ever get used to having to assist in holding my child while something horrible happens to him. Never. Usually I just refuse, but somehow, this time, I got stuck in the middle. Mostly because he is getting pretty strong and absolutely refused to let go of me...hair and all.

Thanks to Nat for watching our girl today. So nice to not have to worry about her too! Thank you, thank you, thank you! A note on Chloe: she woke up this morning and was holding a card she got from Great Grammie Carnahan for Halloween with a cat on it. And she said: "Dat" and I asked what kitties say and she promptly replied "Mow" (rhymes with wow) So cute. And, she was so excited to see her brother tonight. Even more excited to see him than me. I love that. Seeing him sent her into silly, sleepy giggles. I love that too. Good end to a bad day...with giggles and smiles from them both.

So happy to have both my kids safe and sound and in bed. Tomorrow's another day.

No comments: