Monday, November 06, 2006

Dates and Sharing the News.

For those of you keeping track, here are upcoming appointments:

November 7: Audiology, to pick up BAHA
November 11: Otologist, 2nd opinion for atresia correction (opening of ear canal)
November 17: Orthopedics, new doc recommended by neurosurgeon to look at spine to decide if fusion he will eventually need done (first we've heard of this) should be done at same time as tethered cord release. We already had this appointment set up, ironically, with the same doc she wanted us to see. We were looking for a new ortho. doc because we wanted a second opinion on how to approach his scoliosis. Not sure what all the fusion is about, will tackle that when we get there. (or between now and then, or when Chloe stops poopin :)
November 21: Chloe's one year checkup
November 27: NEUROSURGEON: Preop
November 29: Opthamologist, just a checkup
DECEMBER 15: SURGERY: Release of Tethered Cord

Some of these may change. I might move some back depending on what my wary mind and body can handle. Some of the ear and the eye appointments aren't necessary for right now, so I may move them back.

Chloe is still sick. Eating fine. Just comes right out...every 1/2 hour to hour. Needless to say, I've been doing a lot of laundry and she's been sleeping very little. Which is really wearing me down, but I am thankful that we are home and it's only the flu. AND, it hasn't spread. Which in the oddest way, makes me nervous. Not that I want anyone else to get it obviously, but then it would confirm it's the flu. I am so nervous about sick kids right now. I need to stop waiting for the worst. Please pray for me on that...I need my optomistic mind back. Just so weird for me and Colin to not have it. We'd catch fire if we stood close enough to the oven. Just the way we are. So it's weird that we haven't gotten it. But, I'm thankful for that. Very thankful.

We shared the news of the surgery with Colin last night. We had actually decided to wait, but oddly enough he brought surgery up out of the blue and it seemed like as good a moment as any. He was a little upset at first, but immediately went into "Colin" mode and began asking questions. Once he had all of his answers, he was fine with all of it. Such a relief. I should have known that he would be fine. Not sure why I doubted it. He is so strong. Much stronger than I.

No comments: