Friday, November 03, 2006

My sweet, sweet baby boy!

Evie, Colin's Mom-Mom, found this picture and sent it to me today. I had never seen it. What a sweet baby Colin was. So perfect! I forgot how plump his little lips were! and that cute button nose!


I will never forget the first hours I had alone with him. I unwrapped him, just like this and examined all of his little bitty toes and fingers. I was so amazed at how exactly like Jeremy's they were. So amazing! It was like someone took the hands, feet, legs, arms, lips, everything of this six-foot-two man and shrunk them down and stuck them on this little angel. It was so bazaar to see the things you love in one person recreated in this little bitty person that you already love just as much.

How blessed I am to have this boy! I love him so. And, I miss his little ear! So much that this picture brought me to tears. I wish that was something that we never had to change. My heart aches I miss it so. You see, to us it was never abnormal, it was Colin. Plain and simple. And I miss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is also amazing is how much Chloe looks like him! This is a sweet picture. And I know how much you miss his little ear, but every decision that the 2 of you have made for him he will most definately benefit from and appreciate in his later years! Remember what a cruel world this can be and you are doing everything possible to make it better for him(even though those closest to him also loved his little ear!)

Love always, Nat :)